PROTECTION HAND & STAR OF DAVID PENDANT
- Pendant made from 925 Sterling Silver (hallmarked)
- The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated
- With blue Opal gemstone - "The Gem of the Gods".
- With Star of Magen David in center
- The Hamsa is a hand with five digits. It is effective against disease, physical injury, and the evil eye. Symbolizes the Creators protective hand.
- Length of pendant (without bulb) 1.7cm/0.65inch
Hamsa - An alternative Jewish name for Hamsa is the Hand of Miriam, in reference to Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron as well as the Hamesh Hand. It serves as an ancient talismanic way of averting and getting protection from the evil eye, or more generally of providing a "protecting hand" or "Hand of God".
The Star of David (Magen David in Hebrew or Mogen Dovid in Ashkenazi Hebrew, Shield of David, Solomon's Seal, or Seal of Solomon) is a generally recognized symbol of Judaism and Jewish identity. It is also known colloquially as the Jewish Star. Kabbalah makes use of this sign, arranging the Ten Sephiroth (sefirot, spheres) in it. With the establishment of the State of Israel the Jewish Star on the flag of Israel has also become a symbol of Israel.