Hover over main image to zoom
Kabbalah Red String Bracelet with Safeguarding Pendant
- An antique style pendant made from 925 Sterling Silver. The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Handcrafted in Israel.
- On the pendant there are Hebrew letters Aleph Lamed Daled - one of several safeguards which, according to Kabbalah, used in conjunction with the red string offers protection from looks of envy and the mean-spirited intentions of others. Alef Lamed Dalet are one of 72 kabbalah names and their meaning is to protect against evil eye.
- On the back it is written "Ben Porat Yosef" ("A fruitful son is Yosef (Joseph), a fruitful son by a spring.") (Genesis 49:22). "Ben Porat Yosef, Ben Porat Alei Ayin" - This phrase is a blessing that Jacob gave to Joseph before he died (found in the book of Genesis). People use this phrase for protection against the evil eye since Joseph symbolizes a person unharmed by others envy.
- Wearing a thin red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom associated with Judaism's Kabbalah in order to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye". The wearer is protected from the destructive power of the Evil Eye, thus preventing disease, poverty, accidents or other misfortune from befalling the wearer.
- Length of bracelet 17cm/6.75inch
- Condition: new