- The Star of David , known in Hebrew as the Shield of David or Magen David is a symbol of Jewish identity and Judaism.
- Jewelry made from genuine ancient glass unearthed in archeological excavations. Glass created by craftsmen 2000 years ago! Transformed into fine jewelry today.
- Roman glass is unearthed in archeological excavations in the lands along the ancient trade routes in what is now Israel. Its fine patterns remain intact, its colors enriched by the absorption of minerals from the earth throughout the centuries.
- Metal parts are made from 925 Sterling Silver. The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Size of pendant: 4cm/1.5inch
- Condition: new
Once the pride of archeological collectors, Roman glass has now been transformed into exotic pieces of fine jewelry. Each piece is distinctively set in a gold or silver, specially designed to complement the look and feel of the ancient glass.
In the past, such rare items where only found in museums or in private collections. Now, they can belong to people everywhere.
In the ancient world, before the advent of modern factories, each piece of glassware was hand made by a skilled craftsman, each piece like a small work of art.
The young woman in Jerusalem dipping perfume from a finally crafted bottle would never have imagined that 2000 years later another young woman would be wearing a fragment of this very bottle continuing the legacy of the ancient glass-makers!