- Pendant made from 925 Sterling Silver. The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Handcrafted and hand engraved in Israel.
- It is written in Hebrew "Shema Yisrael Adonai Elokeinu Adonai Echad" which means "Hear, O Israel: the Lord is our God, the Lord is One".
- In center of Star of David embedded chrysoberyl Cat's Eye gemstone - well known as bringing luck and prosperity for the ones who wear it.
- Size of pendant 3.3cm/1.3inch
- Condition: new
Shema Yisrael (or Sh'ma Yisrael or just Shema) are the first two words of a section of the Torah (Hebrew Bible) that is a centerpiece of the morning and evening Jewish prayer services. The first verse encapsulates the monotheistic essence of Judaism: "Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one," found in Deuteronomy 6:4. Observant Jews consider the Shema to be the most important part of the prayer service in Judaism, and its twice-daily recitation as a mitzvah (religious commandment). It is traditional for Jews to say the Shema as their last words. The words are "shema yisrael adonai eloheinu adonai echad (silently) baruch shem kavod malchuto le'olam vaed". The term "Shema" is used by extension to refer to the whole part of the daily prayers that commence with Shema Yisrael and comprise Deuteronomy 6:4Â?9, 11:13-21, and Numbers 15:37Â?41. These sections of the Torah are read in the weekly Torah portions Va'etchanan, Eikev, and Shlach, respectively.