Sterling Silver HAMSA & STAR OF DAVID NECKLACE
- All metal parts are 925 Sterling Silver (also the metal parts of the string)
- With Blue Opal gem - reminds us to always look to God who is the author and finisher of our faith.
- Translucent blue and green hues catch the light and will catch your eye as well
- The Hamsa is a hand with five digits. It is effective against disease, physical injury, and the evil eye. Symbolizes the Creators protective hand
- With dangling Star of Magen David
- Size of hamsa 2.5cm/0.95inch
- Length of rubber string 50.5cm/20inch
- Shipped directly from Israel by airmail.
- Condition: NEW
The Star of David (Magen David in Hebrew or Mogen Dovid in Ashkenazi Hebrew, Shield of David, Solomon's Seal, or Seal of Solomon) is a generally recognized symbol of Judaism and Jewish identity. It is also known colloquially as the Jewish Star. Kabbalah makes use of this sign, arranging the Ten Sephiroth (sefirot, spheres) in it. With the establishment of the State of Israel the Jewish Star on the flag of Israel has also become a symbol of Israel.
Hamsa - An alternative Jewish name for Hamsa is the Hand of Miriam, in reference to Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron as well as the Hamesh Hand. It serves as an ancient talismanic way of averting and getting protection from the evil eye, or more generally of providing a "protecting hand" or "Hand of God".