Silver Song of Ascents (Shir LaMaalot) Necklace
- The Song of Ascents (Shir LaMaalot) is written in Hebrew on the pendant.
- Shir LaMaalot is the familiar and much-loved words from the Book of Psalms (Psalm 121), recited in times of trouble or danger. It praises the God and the protection he always provides us.
- Made from 925 sterling silver. The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Handcrafted in Israel.
- Size: 1.5x4cm/0.55x1.55inch
- Includes 925 sterling silver matching chain (44cm/17.5inch) and gift box.
- Condition: new
Song of Ascents is a title given to fifteen of the Psalms, 120-134 (119-133 in the Septuagint and the Vulgate), that each starts with the ascription. They are also variously called Gradual Psalms, Songs of Degrees, Songs of Steps or Pilgrim Songs.
"A song for ascents. I turn my eyes to the mountains; from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot give way; your guardian will not slumber; See, the guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps! The Lord is your guardian, the Lord is your protection at your right hand. By day the sun will not strike you, nor the moon by night. The Lord will guard you from all harm; he will guard your life. The Lord will guard your going and coming now and forever."