- It is written in Hebrew "May Adonai bless you and guard you; May Adonai make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you; May Adonai lift up his face onto you and give you peace; So shall they put My name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them;" (Numbers 24,25,26,27). This is the Priestly blessing (Birkat HaKohanim). The source of the text is Numbers 6:24-27, where Aaron and his sons bless the Israelites with this blessing. This is the oldest known Biblical text that has been found; amulets with these verses written on them have been found in graves in dating from the First Temple Period, and are now in the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
- With garnet gemstone in the center of Star of David.
- Made from 925 Sterling Silver.
- The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Handcrafted in Israel.
- Diameter of circle 2.3cm/0.95inch
- Condition: new
This blessing is also used by some parents to bless their children on Friday night before the beginning of the Shabbat meal. Some rabbis will say the blessing to a boy at his bar mitzvah or to a girl at her bat mitzvah. It also may be said before a long journey, and some people will write it out and wear/keep it as an amulet. It is often used in the liturgy as the first section of Torah to be read in the morning after reciting the blessing before studying Torah.