- On the front of the pendant there is a Hamsa protecting hand with garnet gemstone in center. Hamsa is an alternative Jewish name for it is the Hand of Miriam, in reference to Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron as well as the Hamesh Hand. It serves as an ancient talismanic way of averting and getting protection from the evil eye, or more generally of providing a "protecting hand" or "Hand of God".
- On the back of the pendant it is written in Hebrew "Ben Porat Yosef, Ben Porat Alei Ayin" (A fruitful son is Yosef (Joseph), a fruitful son by a spring) - Genesis 49:22. This phrase is a blessing that Jacob gave to Joseph (found in the book of Genesis). People use this phrase for protection against the evil eye since Joseph symbolizes a person unharmed by others envy.
- Wearing a red string (as a type of talisman) is a custom associated with Kabbalah in order to ward off misfortune brought about by an "evil eye".
- By tying the string around his or her wrist, the wearer is protected from the destructive power of the Evil Eye, thus preventing disease, poverty, accidents or other misfortune from befalling the wearer.
- Made from 925 Sterling Silver. The silver is actual silver, not bonded or plated.
- Handcrafted in Israel.
- Diameter of the pendant: 0.9cm/0.55inch
- Condition: new
Because thereÂ?s a permanence inside of you that needs to flare. Wear your garnet encompassed Â?show-offÂ? bracelet in a proud stance. "Ben Porat Yosef, Ben Porat Alei Ayin" (A fruitful son is Yosef (Joseph), a fruitful son by a spring) signifying everything youÂ?ve always ever dreamed of, and then some. The Hand of God is with you at all times, never fear his wonder.